Tuesday 24 January 2017



C91 Calls from the Wild CollectionAfrican Adventures Mini Album and Altered Tin
by Jeanine de Bruyn

         




You will need:       Calls of the wild carders pack MC91001A
                               Africa album DC91 001
                              Stamp stickers ST91 002
                              Chipboard pieces DC91 009, DC91 012,DC91 008, DC91 010
                              Stencil DS 062
                              Tin big enough to fit the album into
                              Papers- Extinction C91 006, Vulnerable C91 008, Vanishing C91 003,
                              Endangered C91 007,Threatened C91 001, Conservation C91 002.
                              Paint, string, ribbons, flowers and embellishments of your choice

Directions: 

I began by painting my tin with black gesso. I then covered the front and sides of the tin with the patterned papers. I also covered the inside of the lid and the inside of the tin with the patterned papers.

I painted and embossed the large chipboard tree (DC91 012) and the title ‘Africa’ (DC91 008). Then I glued one of the cut out Rhinos from the carders pack and one of the Africa shapes to the corresponding chipboard pieces. I tore small pieces from the patterned papers and glued them to the lid of the tin at the bottom and added some gauze then glued down the tree and the Rhino. To the top right of the tin I glued the Africa shape and then the title Africa over it. I also attached a handle to the ‘top’ of the tin. Lastly I splattered brown and black paint over the tin.

On the inside lid of the tin I created a pocket to add extra photos or memorabilia. To embellish the pocket I added one of the ‘stamp’ die cuts from the carders pack, some flowers, one of the stamp stickers from the sticker sheet, a button and some hessian ribbon   from my stash to finish off the pocket. Lastly I splattered paint over the inside of the tin.

To make the album I sprayed the front cover of the album with a stone spray paint that I have had in my stash for ages. I then used a serviette that had an image of an elephant on it and modge podged it to the front of the cover. I painted and embossed the small tree from the chipboard piece (DC91 012) and added it with a rub on from my stash above the elephant.

I painted all the pages of the album with brown paint then added patterned papers from the collection to most of the pages except for the last page this one I painted with some blue, green and white paints then sprayed over the stencil (DS 062) with the stone spray paint. I added a photo mat made from brown cardstock, some torn pieces of patterned paper and some tags above and behind the photo mat to finish off the page.

I just loved this paper range and really had a lot of fun creating this mini, I hope you are inspired by this project to create an amazing album for yourself.








No comments: